Have you been home for the past few days, maybe even weeks? Here are a few tips and tricks on the importance of self-care while you have more time to spend at home.
1. Eat healthy: In all this down time, now is your chance to cook up some new recipes or try ordering take out of new cuisine you’ve never tried before (look for healthy options!). Eat healthy with the nutrition of your food in mind; look for high quality fruits and vegetables. Even if you’ve had them before, try cooking them in different ways or use a recipe you’ve been meaning to try from a friend. It can be fun! There are endless options here – because everyone has to eat!
2. Have an at-home spa day: It is always important to treat your body, mind, and soul with care and compassion. Pamper yourself at home with a warm bath, a skincare routine, and just relax. Use your favorite high quality skin cleanser, such as Genovo’s Facial Cleanser, to wash away the day and to cleanse the skin from the inside out. Feel fresh again! Use a moisturizer to help your skin retain the moisture from the bath. (Genovo makes a moisturizer for this too!) Think about your eyes, how they work for you all day long taking you places, showing you work you accomplish around the house, and the strain put on them. Use an eye cream, such as Genovo’s high quality Eye Boost Serum. It will help to moisturize the skin around the eye, prevent wrinkles, and lessen the signs of aging.
3. Take care of your mental wellbeing: Think about all of the things you love about yourself, and the things that you wish you could do better. Write yourself a love letter. Learn, reflect, and work on it. This will only make you stronger and more in tune with your emotions and accomplishments. Another idea is to call your loved ones and catch up, hear about their day and talk about things you usually don’t have time for. Meditate. Clear your mind and focus on the present moment. All these things will help your wellbeing.
4. Take care of your physical wellbeing: This not only includes eating healthy, but also exercising regularly. You want to take this down time to focus on yourself, your goals, and what you want to accomplish. Try a new workout, begin running, do some body weight exercises at home. Do an online yoga class. There are many ways to reap the physical benefits, which include everything from increasing flexibility, improving muscle tone, and in turn, helping your mental clarity as well. All will help expand your skillset and you could learn a thing or two about yourself in the process.
5. Rid your home of clutter: Reflecting on yourself also means reflecting on your home and the items that surround you each and every day. If you have a bunch of junk or unnecessary items, it is time to go through them and clean it out. Know someone that could use something? Save it for a friend. Make a donate pile. There are many ways to reduce the amount of items you have in your house without being wasteful.
6. Focus on your accomplishments, not failures: if you didn’t already know, everyone fails. It’s normal! Sure, you feel bad when you don’t do the right thing, but you LEARN. It’s best to stay away from negative thinking and focus on the positive parts of your life. Once you learn from these failures, it will only get you closer to having more positive experiences and accomplishments. It will help you grow, whether it is in a relationship or your career. There is always something to improve. A positive mindset will do more for your wellbeing and self-care than you think!