1. Stay hydrated: it’s bound to happen – you’re outside most days of the summer. Not only does your body need additional water to keep it in optimal health, but also your skin is in desperate need of water more now than any other season because of the heat. Make it a point to keep a water bottle with you at all times and keep a reminder in your phone to keep drinking that h20 even when you think you may be drinking enough. Your sweat evaporates from you skin quicker than you think, which leads to dehydration. Remember, during summer months it’s key to have at least 8-10 glasses per day to avoid dehydration and dry skin!
2. Stay in the shade: during summer, the sun is almost unavoidable no matter what climate or region you live in. The hot weather increases your body’s ability to loss water. This can lead your skin to feel irritated and to sweat more. It’s best to remember to avoid harsh rays during peak times: 10am until 4pm to be exact. Although a bit of vitamin D is healthy each day, make sure if it is more than ten minutes of direct sunlight (especially during peak hours) to wear a high quality sunscreen to protect from those rays! Your glowing skin will thank you.
3. Treat sun damage: whether you know it or not, the sun actually does a tremendous amount of long term damage to your skin – even in small amounts. Sun exposure to your facial skin especially increases the rate of the aging process, showing visible signs such as darker pigmentations and wrinkles even beginning in your 20 or 30s. Combat the signs of aging with the highly recommended Genovo Wrinkle Darkspot Reducer – it uses powerful yet gentle ingredients to give your skin a firm texture and fade discoloration you may have had from years of being out in the sun. You’ll be surprised by the results!
4. Use lotion and hydrating cream: by now, everyone knows the importance of drinking water – but you might not be doing it enough. By hydrating your body, it also helps your skin. So set those reminders! But what you may not realize is it is important to hydrate your skin from the outside using lotion. Especially after exposure to ultraviolet rays, make it a point to use lotion on all areas of your skin exposed including your facial skin. One of the best solutions is Genovo’s Deep Hydrating Cream – perfect to apply after cleansing and toning. It is proven with ingredients that have anti-inflammatory, hydrating, and healing properties. Get shopping!
5. Maintain a healthy level of vitamin D: although it is best to stay on the safe side when it comes to being in the sun (to avoid potential skin aging and wrinkles!) it is also important to remember that there are many benefits to vitamin D in small increments. Some of which include lowering your blood pressure, helping your immune system, building and maintaining healthy bones, and boosting your mood. However, note that being vitamin D deficient is not always healthy and can lead to fatigue and bone pain, both of which can lead to health risks down the road.
Enjoy summer, but be smart about it!